Meagan began her career working in a multidisciplinary clinical setting here in Toronto and hopes to continue building her presence in this beautiful city. Meagan’s clinical practice focuses on combining both passive rehabilitation and facilitating dynamic exercises to influence and promote a client’s active lifestyle. She strongly believes in soft tissue techniques and tissue manipulation with an emphasis on clients' use of specific exercise and activity to help maintain the positive changes created during treatment sessions.
In addition to Meagan’s clinical practice, she worked alongside Canadian Alpine Skier, Ali Nullmeyer as her personal Athletic Therapist during the 2017/18 and 2018/19 seasons. Meagan travelled and worked with Ali extensively across North America and Europe to successfully assist in her return from serious injury (Bilateral ACL and meniscus tears) and compete on the Alpine World Cup circuit once again. Her in-field experience and specific sport injury rehabilitation has given her the unique foundation to return individuals to their sport or everyday activities in a stronger, healthier state as effectively and safely as possible.
Meagan has also recently began an exciting new opportunity working with the National Basketball Referee Association (NBRA) providing pre-game treatment to the referees before Toronto Raptors home games.
Meagan loves to work with individuals from the beginning to the end of injury as well as help maintain the human body to help prevent issues in the future!
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science, Kinesiology (BSc. Kine), Dalhousie University
- Bachelor of Applied Health Science, Athletic Therapy, Sheridan College, (CAT(C))
- Diploma in Massage Therapy, Ontario College of Health and Technology, (RMT)
- Medical Acupuncture, McMaster University
- First Responder Re-certified
- Custom Brace Fitter, DonJoy
- Shockwave Therapy
- Functional Movement Screening Level 1 & 2
BEST PIECE OF ADVICE SHE'S EVER RECEIVED:
The Golden Rule: “Treat others as you would like others to treat you”
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Sport injury rehabilitation
- Emphasis on soft tissue treatment and the use of dynamic exercises and mobility
- Athletic therapy
- Massage therapy
- Custom bracing