Since completing her physiotherapy training at the University of Alberta, Joanne has worked in a variety of clinical and hospital settings in British Columbia and Ontario.
She regularly updates her expertise with continuing education and has a passion for evidence-based sports medicine. Joanne joined the Sport Medicine Clinic in 2009 when she relocated to Toronto and has built a thriving practice with diverse clientele. Outside of the Clinic, Joanne provides in-home therapy to palliative and geriatric populations.
She is recognized for combining strong manual therapy, corrective exercise prescription, and comprehensive patient education in order to maximize function and performance.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science, Biological Sciences, University of Alberta
- Masters of Science Degree in Physical Therapy, Faculty of Rehabilitation Medicine, University of Alberta
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist, National Strength and Conditioning Association (CSCS)
- Acupuncture Certification, Acupuncture Canada (CAFCI)
- Advanced Orthopedic Manual & Manipulative Physiotherapy, Level 1
- Managing Sexuality in Illness, University of Alberta
- Pelvic Floor Education and Behavioral Techniques, Urinary Incontinence Certification
- Functional Stability Training, Reinold & Cressey
BEST PIECE OF ADVICE SHE'S EVER RECEIVED:
Walk at least 30 minutes outdoors every day.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Rotator cuff tears & shoulder surgery rehabilitation
- Tennis/golfer’s elbow
- Therapeutic exercise prescription
- Post-operative orthopedic rehabilitation
- Total knee/hip replacement
- Shockwave therapy
- Postural and ergonomic education
- Geriatric health & falls prevention