Dr. Lindsay Voigt obtained her doctorate in 2007 from the Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College in Toronto. Her own passion for movement and sport has been the driving force behind developing an evidence-based approach to individualized care for her patients.
From childhood, Lindsay has been active in sports and various athletic endeavours, including triathlons and cycling, and this passion for sports and fitness always guides her practice. She has worked at the Sport Medicine Clinic for over a decade, and has fully immersed herself in the culture of integrated health management, by taking a holistic approach to patient care and curating treatment plans specific to each individual’s needs.
Dr. Voigt approaches each patient by assessing mobility, stability, and strength to determine and outline what steps are necessary to move forward. With her background and multi-faceted approach to fitness, nutrition, acupuncture, manual therapy, shockwave therapy, and exercise-based rehabilitation, Lindsay works towards real solutions to resolve issues and allow patients to emerge from care to continue doing what they love to do.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Fitness and Lifestyle Management Diploma, Cambrian College
- Honours of Bachelor of Science, Sport Science, Laurentian University
- Doctor of Chiropractic, Canadian Memorial Chiropractic College
- Active Release Techniques (ART), Upper, Lower, Spine
- Contemporary Medical Acupuncture, McMaster University
- Anatomy Trains
- Dynamic Neuromuscular Stabilization (DNS-Part A)
- Selective Functional Movement Assessment (SFMA), Level 1 & 2
- Functional Movement Screen (FMS), Level 1 & 2
- Shockwave Therapy
- Redcord, Neurac, Level 1
- Fascial Distortion Model (FDM), Upper, Lower
- Standard CPR-C with First Responder
BEST PIECE OF ADVICE SHE'S EVER RECEIVED:
Kindness and generosity above all else.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
Dr. Voigt enjoys working with active people (professionals, amateurs and weekend warriors alike) who are striving to move forward to meet or surpass their athletic or fitness goals.