After graduating with her Athletic Therapy degree in 2009, Andrea started a small business working with various rugby volleyball and football teams. Networking through these associations lead to her acquiring contracts with Cirque Du Soliel and led to her work with the Canadian Football League (CFL).
Physical activity has always been an important part of Andrea’s life. She grew up engaging in a variety of sports including horseback riding, running, cycling, rowing, and paddling. More recently she competed in bodybuilding competitions and now has aspirations in completing her first triathlon.
Andrea is committed to achieving the best results for all of her clients, providing a progressive and personalized plan with mobility and suitable exercises that best aid the body to heal itself.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Massage Therapy, Ontario College of Health and Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Health Sciences (Athletic Therapy), Sheridan College
- Honours Bachelor of Kinesiology (minor in Biology), McMaster University
- Clinical Running Assessment
- Shockwave Therapy Certified
- Member of College of Massage Therapists of Ontario, in good standing
- Emergency Medical Responder certification
- Member of Ontario Athletic Therapist Association Certification, in good standing
- Member of Canadian Athletic Therapist Association Certification, in good standing
- Pre-natal/Post-natal Massage Certified
- Complicated Low Back Pain
- Fascial Stretch Therapist
- Craniosacral Techniques, Levels I & II
- Active Release Technique, Full Body Certified
- Functional Movement Screening, Levels I & II
- Medical Acupuncture Practitioner
- Yoga Education Specialist, Level I
- Kinesiotape Course, Level I, II, & III
BEST ADVICE SHE'S EVER RECEIVED:
Don't give up what you want most for waht you want now.
AREAS OF FOCUS:
- Running assessment and corrective techniques
- Corrective exercise for acute and chronic joint dysfunction
- Deep tissue therapy for the recreational and professionally active population